Point Wilson Lighthouse

Point Wilson marks the west entrance into the Puget Sound. It is the turning point from the Strait of Juan de Fuca into Admiralty Inlet. The current station was built in 1914, replacing the original tower. The 49-foot tower was built in an octagonal shape to reduce wind pressure on the structure. The light shines from a 4th order Fresnel lens, a white light on for 15 seconds, then off 5 seconds, with one red flash during the occultation. The light was automated in 1976. Travel Instructions: From Highway 20 in Port Townsend, turn left on Kearney Street and when it ends turn right onto Blaine Street. From Blaine Street, turn left onto Walker Street, which will become Cherry Street. Follow Cherry Street 1.6 miles to Fort Worden where the road changes to Fort Worden Way. Enter Fort Worden and turn right on Eisenhower Avenue. When Eisenhower Avenue ends, turn left on Harbor Defense Way and follow it 0.8 miles to the lighthouse.

Location

Point Wilson Lighthouse
186 Harbor Defense Way
Port Townsend, WA 98362
United States
Point Wilson Lighthouse
186 Harbor Defense Way
Port Townsend, WA 98362

Map is not available for this page

Upcoming Events

REGIONAL DESTINATIONS WEBSITE LINKS

Want to get local? These community sites are great resources for finding even more information on local happenings, local businesses and places to stay. Take a look at these sites and plan your trip to the Olympic Peninsula!